Individuals who are moderately active…
- Are 34% less likely to develop dementia!
- Have increased HDL “good” cholesterol and decreased LDL “bad” cholesterol!
Have better emotional well-being and better overall mood than inactive
- Can adapt to stress better than sedentary individuals!
- Are less likely to develop depression!
Have at least 50% less risk of developing a critical illness than sedentary
- Have 25-50% less chance of developing type II diabetes!
- Are 20% less likely to develop breast cancer!
- Have 40-50% less chance of developing colon cancer!
Still not convinced about the importance of Exercise?
Well, take a look at the following…
Sedentary or inactive individuals:
- Are 3x more likely to develop Alzheimer’s!
- Have 2x the risk of developing Coronary Artery Disease!
- Have significantly slower reactions times compared with active individuals!
- After the age of 55 years, risk of stroke DOUBLES every 10 years!
70% of fatal cardiovascular events occur in patients who have high-blood
Risk of hip fracture doubles for every 10% decrease in bone mass… And 50%
of hip fractures do not regain mobility!